- 2 Cups Uncooked Rice
- 1 Pint Sour Cream
- 16 oz. Chicken Broth
- 2-3 Small Cans Green Chilies
- 2 Pkgs. Cheddar cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook 2 cups white rice according to package directions but substitute chicken broth for water. Put aside to cool.
- Take cooled rice and stir in 2-3 cans of green Chilies drained (save some to sprinkle on top later) -- use mild ones for timid eaters -- along with a pint of sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread evenly in a greased 8 x 12 casserole dish. Cover top of sour cream/rice mixture with two packages of shredded cheddar cheese. Sprinkle a handful of green chilies on top of the cheese.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes or till bubbly. If you do this on the pit you'll add a very nice smoked flavoring as well.
Serves 10-12 people